Field trip Webconferences (formerly Audioconferences)
Note: For the webconference timetable for a field trip, log into that field trip and click Webconferences on the left-side menu and you will see the times for taking part live and links to the recordings. To take part live, use the the same instructions as below.
Teacher PLD Sessions
An invitation to attend a free PLD training webinar for teachers is emailed out to enrolled teachers in advance of each trip. These webinars (web conferences) go over how the field trip will operate and provide a chance for teachers to put questions to the LEARNZ Teacher and suggest specific topics they would like to see covered. The webinars use the same platform (Adobe Connect) as the webconferences (formerly audioconferences) during field trips. Dates for PLD webinars are included on the LEARNZ Events Calendar and also described in detail below.
How to take part: How to take part in LEARNZ field trip PLD webinars before field trips as well as web conferences during field trips
Teachers, at the time of the relevant class or teacher session:
The LEARNZ team will be there as facilitators, to answer questions about LEARNZ and the relevant field trip(s) and provide technical support if needed. Please arrive 5 minutes early to introduce youself and get familiar with the format. It's easy! You have the opportunity to also use the LEARNZ Room on Adobe Connect during field trip webconferences.
Teacher-only PLD web conferences
|Wednesday 8 February 2017||3:30pm||Marine Mammals 2017||Replay at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p2jgbur1ggf/ (35 minutes)|
|Wednesday 15 February 2017||3:30pm||Wetland Biodiversity 2017||Replay at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p7gosolpqcn/ (30 minutes)|
|Monday 12 December 2016||3:15pm||LEARNZ Reference Group||-|
|Tuesday 27 September 2016||10:30am||What's the Plan, Stan? - Getting ready for an emergency (More about this field trip starting 11 October).||Replay the teacher PLD at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p6vf5213xy2/ (40 minutes)|
|Wednesday 19 October 2016||3:30pm||Antarctica - cool science in action (More about this field trip starting 9 November).||Replay the teacher PLD at https://vimeo.com/187927107 (35 minutes)|
|Wednesday 6 July 2016||3:30pm||Love Your Rubbish - lollipop to landfill? (More about this field trip starting 2 August).||Replay the teacher PLD at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p3m39r1et7e/ (40 minutes)|
|Wednesday 27 July 2016||3:30pm||Geohazards - earthquakes, landslides, tsunami (More about this field trip starting 9 August).||Replay the teacher PLD at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p33npa5jme5/ (30 minutes)|
|Wednesday 10 August 2016||3:30pm||Kereru Count - kaitiakitanga in action. (More about this field trip starting 30 August).||Replay the teacher PLD at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p2hoivjfk8d/ (30 minutes)|
|Wednesday 24 August 2016||3:30pm||Waterview Connection - going underground with New Zealand's bigggest roading project. (More about this field trip starting 13 September).||Replay teh teacher PLD at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p7ab3l6gm2d/ (25 minutes)|
|Wednesday 4 May 2016||3:30pm||Opera - put on a show! (More about this Arts field trip starting 26 May).||Replay the teacher PLD at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p644jqfwqwa/ (30 minutes)|
Wednesday 11 May 2016
|3:30pm||Where are we? - navigating and positioning on sea, land and air. (More about this GPS-GIS field trip starting 14 June).||
Replay the teacher PLD at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p6erdjm7xho/ (30 minutes)
|Thursday 2 June 2016||3:30pm||Garden Bird Survey - who's in your backyard? (More about this Science - Living World field trip starting 28 June)||Replay the teacher PLD at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p9ambw0s58g/ (30 minues)|
If you have questions about the webinars email email@example.com.
The purpose of these webinars is to:
- help first-timers get started with a LEARNZ virtual field trip
- help teachers who have used LEARNZ before to find out what's new and get more out of a LEARNZ virtual field trip
- suggest opportunities to integrate a LEARNZ virtual field trip into your teaching and learning programme
- show how LEARNZ integrates with Vision, Values, Principles and Key Competences of the NZ Curriulum
- show which Learning Areas are integrated with each field trip
- show how eLearning with LEARNZ supports 21st Century teaching and learning practices like
- incusive education
- reflective practice
- answer any questions you may have about LEARNZ
A selection of completed 2015-2016 PLD webinars for teachers:
- LEARNZ and the NZ Curriculum - Webinar showing how LEARNZ connects with the Vision and Principles of the NZ Curriculum (High expectations, Treaty of Waitangi, Cultural diversity, Learning to learn, Community engagement, Coherence, and Future focus).
Go the recording at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p9k6vh90ray/
- Webinar for Waterview Connection - going underground with New Zealand's biggest roading project (more).
Go to the recording (start missed) at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p36hseekq7c/
- Webinar for Waka Voyaging - exploring hauora during an ocean adventure (more).
Go to the recording at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p6sl1w5ghw9/
- Webinar for Wetland Biodiversity - journey to a rare inland high country ecosystem (more).
Go to the recording at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p3m39qhoxlm/
- Webinar for Smart Motorways - technologies making roads safer and more sustainable (more).
Go to the recording at http://connect.vln.school.nz/p39bvka865m/
Some webinars were part of Connected Educator Month 2014 and 2015.