Tēnā koutou, Andrew here,
You are about to join me on the Memorial Park 3 field trip which takes place soon (11-13 November). On the trip your class will find out more about how this roading project to remember those who served at war is progressing.
Things to do from this newsletter (previous field trip newsletters can be read here):
- book your audioconference now to secure your preferred spot
- continue to prepare for your students' participation in the field trip by working with the background readings and completing the activities
- prepare your class to put questions to experts and listen to a live audioconference
1. ENROL YOUR CLASS
- The Memorial Park 3 trip begins soon (11-13 November).
- Please enrol all the classes you are taking on this field trip; this enables us to report accurately to our supporters, continue to offer LEARNZ free of charge and it helps us to support you and your students.
- Personalise the field trip for your students by taking part in a live audioconference using the MoE audiobridge at no cost. During audioconferences students will be able to put questions to experts who are on location.
- Two 20-25 minute audioconferences will be held each day on 11-13 November.
- Details about connecting to audioconferences are in your MyLEARNZ control panel. For further information see Support - Audioconferences
- All you need for an audioconference is a speaker phone. Skype can also be used.
- Check the audioconference topics on the timetable and book your audioconference now by emailing email@example.com
3. JOIN the VIRTUAL LEARNING NETWORK - VLN
- Join LEARNZ on the VLN to share your ideas and gain inspiration from other teachers using the Memorial Park field trips.
4. ASK AN EXPERT WEB BOARD
- Once your class has read the Memorial Park background readings, students are welcome to ask questions on the Ask-an-Expert Web Board.
- Students should read 'Guidelines for using Ask-an-Expert' before posting questions. Students don't need to register when posting questions.
5. YOUR SUGGESTIONS
- Do you have suggestions for the Memorial Park field trip website? Maybe you would like a video made on a specific topic or a career for your students.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a request for content such as field trip videos, audioconferences, diaries or photos.
- If you have questions regarding the field trip please email me email@example.com or call the Teacher Freephone 0800 CALL LEARNZ (0800 22 55 53).
7. FOR TEACHERS WHO ARE NEW TO LEARNZ:
- There is no prescribed way of using a LEARNZ virtual field trip.
- Curriculum links are available for you to check and see how the field trip relates to your class programme.
- Use your teacher access login (username and password) if you use the site for planning purposes.
- Give the class login (username and password you set up for them in MyLEARNZ) to your students to use.
- For help with login procedures see login explained.
- There is a planning sequence in the Resources section under the heading Contributions. This short term planning sequence makes use of all field trip components for a 3-day virtual field trip.
- The Prepare students section of the Memorial Park site ensures your students are ready when the field trip gets under way.
- The background readings give an overall idea of the topic and can be used to generate further inquiry. The activities consolidate new learning and encourage deeper thinking.
- During the field trip your class can follow the action in my daily diary, watch the videos, and ask questions or listen during live audioconferences with our experts. Combined with the background readings, the activities and Ask-an-Expert, these components are powerful mediums for inquiry learning.
I look forward to you joining us on the Memorial Park virtual field trip.
Ka kite anō,
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher